TulipWife

Crazy Avid reader

Lets see, I have a different book in every room. My to be read shelf is getting crazy and I think I need help in this area lol. I enjoy stalking other peoples bookshelves, reviewing and sharing books.

Rebellious Heart
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
New Moon
Stephenie Meyer
Red Rising - Pierce Brown What I found so capturing about this book is how your imagination bursts forth with people and places you've never seen before. Red earth, Golds with lion wildlike manes. Heavenly places with clouds, and white snow on the battle grounds. There are invisible cloaks, insane brutal slayings and many bloody scenes. This book is not for the faint of heart.

The only reason for the 4 stars is because I was very confused in the beginning. The golds,obsidians, grays, pinks ect.. I found it hard to remember who was greater than who. And the names, and history of the characters was confusing as well. But as the book progressed, it was all coming together.

Also, it would be awesome if he included a map in beginning or the end of the book. It would make the battle scenes much more easier to follow.

Oh one more thing. I had a hard time believing this boy was 16 :/ He thought,acted,and reacted like a man in his early 20's.

Ty for the Advance Reader's Edition Mr Brown. I totally enjoyed the ride.